Expertise in reverse engineering
SSEB engineers are expert in reverse engineering. They specialize in making 3D scans of large, small, complex and simple products. The scanned data is converted into a 3D model. This 3D CAD model is designed with the same or similar characteristics, but can also be adapted directly in the design.
SSEB engineers like to think along with you about possible adaptations or further development of your product. They are one with the daily practice (can be found not just behind the drawing board, but also on the work floor), they like to spar about the possibilities and know as no other that solid preliminary research leads to smarter solutions. Smarter and more efficient in terms of less material losses, better quality, faster production and more. Sound preliminary research prevents undesired technical problems, time losses and extra costs in the process.
SSEB and reverse engineering
SSEB deploys reverse engineering for five reasons:
- A product must be adapted, but you don’t have a drawing or a 3D CAD-model.
2. You want a good product analysis with regard to quality and characteristics.
3. You have changed or will change the production method, maybe even speed it up, and must adapt your 3D CAD-model.
4. A new product must be made from a prototype, often hand-made by a designer or an artist.
5. You want to discover the precise, internal functioning of a certain, possibly competitive, product, or find out what requirements this product tries to adhere to.
3D scan and 3D CAD reverse engineering software
In reverse engineering, SSEB engineers use the top in 3D scan equipment and state-of-the-art 3D CAD software such as Catia, Siemens NX (including the Progressive Die Design module), Siemens PLM and AutoForm. They have up-to-date theoretical knowledge of these systems, the experience and know-how to translate results from research into practical situations. The systems of SSEB house over 20 years of material know-how. This makes SSEB unique.